Thursday, November 13

After a long search...and a few bruises..


I HAVE FINALLY GOTTEN A JOB!! 


I applied at Mesa Air about 3 months ago and kept getting rejected and in the mean time I sent out about 60 (not even exagerating) resumes and NOT ONE REPLY! I finally got an email about 3 weeks ago from a guy at Mesa Air and he asked me to come to a group interview. When I got there he said that they werent really hiring for gate agents (which is what I had applied for) but that I could try for the ramp agent position. Little did I know, there was a physical involved. One of the guys in the interview was like "oh you only have to be able to lift 70lbs"!! Um okay maybe he didnt have his contacts in or didnt see the size of my arms but I quickly let him know that I couldnt move anything let alone LIFT IT! But he again assured me that I would be able to do it. SO I take my mom with me to the physical, you know so she can buy me ice cream when I fail miserably. Lets just say...i failed...miserably. Ended up with two VERY bruised knees, a hurt wrist, a fatty bruise on my arm and a cut on my arm. Its pretty embarassing to admit that I was completely beat up by A SUITCASE!! Needless to say, i did not get the ramp agent job. At that point I had completely given up on looking for a job any longer. I had obviously given up too soon because this morning I got a call from the same guy that interviewed me and said that they had an opening for the gate position! DREAMS DO COME TRUE! I was so happy to finally have gotten the job that I dreamed about, I was actually shaking and I maybe cried a little bit when I called my mom.. But who wouldnt cry about FREE FLIGHTS!


9 comments:

Brian and Brianna said...

I'm soooooooooooooooo happy for you! you've been working so hard for this and it's all paid off you are going to do great!

Itsagirlsworld said...

Oh Lissy you are so cute! If only I could share with everyone what I saw while you were taking your physical. I know, I know you think I'm going to try to embarass you. But really what I saw was a great young woman who has tenacity galore! You kept trying and trying to lift that stupid huge and very heavy 70 pound suit case. I was so proud of you. I was so sad to see you so sad that you couldn't lift it. How happy I am for you to get to work for the airlines. I know how much you want to do this. Way to go Lyss!!!!

Alyssa Lee said...

If only we would have video taped it so everyone could have a good laugh

Mia said...

Yea!!!! Congratulations on the new job!!!! Free flights would be soo awesome! You are so lucky! I hope you enjoy it!

Stephanie Perkins said...

Luce im so happy you got the job I know how badly you have been wanting this and you finally got it! Now you can come visit me so more often!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for you!!! So excited for you! Way to be determined and patient.

Chelzy said...

wow that's awesome alyssa! That's so sad about your arms and legs! Well, congrats on getting the job you wanted! :D

Grandmommy Crum said...

How great are you! congrats, so you will have to explain your job to us, what do you wear, anything cute? Where do you want to travel? Sorry lots of questions, it sounds great! Love ya

Carlie said...

yea- thats so exciting you got a good job. I want to see pics of you all banged up. congrats go out to you- your a new auntie. how exciting.